Wednesday 29 April 2009

An increased work load.....

Half day today so have spent the afternoon sorting out Murphy's insurance and trying to find competitions that will fit in with the busy scurry driving schedule and everything else.


Murphy has had a hard few days. My friend is back from Germany for a short while so as the normal instructor was away yesterday me and a couple of others had a lesson with her. It really was refreshing to have a different view point on how to contiue with Murphy. We decided that he's ready now to step up a level and begin to work a bit harder and alittle more up through his shoulder by taking more weight onto his hind legs. Wow he really did go very well both today and yesterday although I must say it's a bit of a challenge to get him there. Yes I think he finds it difficult but then again he has had it fairly easy to be honest and considering where I want to get him and what I want to do with him it really is time to crack on. I thought he might come out a bit stiff today after monday and yesterday but he came out feeling better than I have felt him. He is also getting fitter. I think we are jumping tomorrow which will be good for him as will take him away from the last 3 days of hard schooling and let him have a bit of fun. Yes I know I must rider him correctly and properly into the fences and between and yes I must school him over the fences but he enjoys it so much that for him it will be a nice change and help to keep him fresh. Then I will probably hack him after work as well just to give him a change of scenery and the weather has been nice so the ground in the forest should be good so will give him a nice canter.


Work has been good we've had lots of giggles over the last few days and in general there seems to be really nice atmosphere on the yard. It always makes life a lot more enjoyable and work a lot easier if you get on with the people that you have to spend a lot of time with. The scurry ponies are all looking well and are now looking a little slimmer more like the little racehorses that they are. They are loosing their winter coat nicely some eaier than others. Now really want to give them a trim they all need their manes pulling, feathers trimming and beards getting rid of. I like to have all my horses and ponies looking smart although they are not mine so do need permission from the bloke that owns them fingers crossed.


right ought to have some dinner I think as am working tonight at the pub so long evening tonight. I have been really busy at work at the yard which really suits me lots of teaching and training the staff in the mornings. All of which I am really enjoying. Right i better get off.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment