Tuesday 14 April 2009

A much needed day off tomorrow looking forward to a nice long lie in. Mike's got a day off tomorrow so we might acually get to spend some time together.

Good day today Murphy was super had a flatwork lesson. Really working on getting him coming through his back in the transitions especially from trot to canter. Tried leg yield in the walk with him a little deeper today which really seemed to work and gave me the most super canter. Have to say it took me a little by surprise where did all that power come from??? Still at least it says to me he has most certainly got the ability there. Bless he was a little tired after but definately bounced back and was back to his cheeky self later. They have a course set up in the outdoor school at the moment ready for the competition on saturday so am going to pop him round that tomorrow should be good especially after all the loosening work today.

Going out for lunch tomorrow with a special friend of mine who I used to work with which will be nice. So i'll drive over to where we used to work together and go out for some food. Must keep my hollow legs filled!!!!

Also tomorrow is the day the 4 year old gets to go for his first walk after lots of treatment and 9 weeks in the stable!! Hmm could be rather exciting he is 17.1hh worth of 4yr old warmblood still we shall see. He will either be super chilled and a very good boy or super stallion and misbehave. Still we will see.

Am loving my new job it just feels like coming back home. After all I have known the place for years did all my training there and have done the scurrying for many years there and still taught there a little when was freelance. The horses are mainly working liveries and are of a nice sort and many are actually very talented which is so refreshing for a riding school. I do really enjoy teaching the students as it gives me something to get my teeth into as i see them week in week out and they are all committed. It just keeps me a little happier in my work.

Off to bed now so fingers crossed Steve the 4 yr old will be a good boy tomorrow after all I really do want to go out for lunch mius any broken bones etc!!!!!!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment