Sunday 26 April 2009

a very busy day....

It's official I'm am absolutely shattered!!!

Worked in the pub on friday night which turned out to be a very late one. Then obviously up early the next day. Saturday wasn't actually too bad as we were fully staffed. had some nice teaching during the day with some clients that really do want to improve which is nice. One of the staff and a lesson on Murphy with me as it was the only way he was going to get ridden and actually it's nice for them to ride something that isn't in the riding school. We have super riding school horses but it is a different ball game riding something like Murph. I think she enjoyed it but I was rather hard on her which had the desired result-not in a nasty way you understand but just not letting her get away with anything. the end result was actually very pleasing and she seemed to learn a lot so it will be interesting to see how she rides the riding school horses next week.

Today was not so great. the general manager was off today as was the lady that normal organises on Sunday and as I'm normally away it reminded me off the old days when i was here originally. So we were busy with lessons anyway and I spent most of my day in the school teaching which I really enjoyed as had really nice clients all day. However there were a few people that turned up that weren't booked in so trying to find them horses and instructors when we were busy anyway and down an instructor didn't make it easy. then in the afternoon one of the staff was ill so we were then down another member of staff so a few people had to do extra lessons but we managed and all in all it was a very successful day where everyone pulled together.

My friends new horse arrived at the yrd today and what a pretty mare she is. She's been off having foals for a few years so she should be a nice project for Claire and I wish her every success with her.

Day off tomorrow but as ever I still have things to do. Have to finish off sorting out the stuff at the yard where Steve was, going to see my puppy which I bought during the week and having a lesson with someone who used to teach me before I went back and having the dressage saddle fitted. Hmmmm sounds a bit busy for a day off for me. The puppy is from a scurry driving friend's dog. He is currrently 2 weeks old so I will have to wait a bit but am very excited as he opened his eyes today. Looking forward to my lesson tomorrow should be really good last time she saw him I had only had him down for a week so i'm hoping she is going to see a big improvement.

right sleep time

x

No comments:

Post a Comment