Wednesday 15 April 2009

A great day off

Feeling suitably refreshed now having had a day off had forgotten how much I missed having a proper day off never really had them whilst I was freelance afterall when you work for yourself you take the work as and when it comes.

Woke up around 10am but didn't actually surface untill around 11am. Had a very nice breakfast in bed which was a lovely surprise. Not sure it will become a regualr occurance but I can always hope that it will!! :) Have to say it was very nice to be ableto catch up on some sleep. As much as I love doing the shows I am usually shatterred after a weekend away. Normally I would have the monday off which will work well as shows are usually friday till sunday but because it was a bank holiday it ran saturday to monday.


So feeling very refreshed and full of energy off I went down the yard to walk Steven the 4 yr old. He was extremely well behaved considering he has been on box rest for 9 weeks. Just 5mins walking today. Off I went hat, gloves, chiffany and lunge line. He was very good on the first circuit of the yard a little lively but he contained it very well untill we went to do the second lap where at one point he just stopped and lept fly bucking and fly bucking and so on but then after that little episode behaved impecably. Still we shall see what he is like tomorrow i'm pretty sure he is going to get worse before he gets better but there we go he'll be fine and I'm sure it'll all be worth it. Can't wait to get back on him eventually.

Then off to lunch with my friend it was very nice to see her again.. We had a good chat and catch up. I really do enjoy her company and we always manage to have a good laugh. It's a shame we don't see so much of each other anymore.

Murphy was a very good boy today. He was a little excited to be jumping but he contained it well. I'm so pleased with him the fitter he gets the more he tries and his character really is beginning to come out. The work yesterday helped I think as he was really supple today and jumped superbly if not a little exuberantly. I really do think this little horse is going to be super.

Right better go am working in the pub tonight. Still at least I don't have to be in work till 9 tomrrow as am teaching late to cover another instructor so i get a little lie in after a late shift at the pub.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment