Friday 24 April 2009

I'll try to help......

A very busy morning but just the way I like it keeps the brain ticking. First thing was the usually feeding of the little scurry ponies plus mucking out then obviously Murphy.

At 10 I had a group of the staff who are a really nice group and really seem to want to learn which makes my job so much easier and more interesting. there is nothing most disheartening then teaching people who really aren't in the mood or just don't want to be there. they really are coming on nicely with much more feel and a more developed position thus the horses then go better. Unfortunately there is one student there who feels like she is stuck in a rut and feels like she is just going on but not really there if that makes sense. I'm sure all us horse people have been there at one point or another and still get there ocassionally the trick is just to think right this is how I feel how can I make it better. She also has an exam coming up and is putting a lot of pressure on herself about this. She has done really well considering when she first came to us a couple of years ago she had never been around horses so all credit to her and the effort she has put in. So I am going to help her as much as possible both in relation to her riding etc and herself using my experience from when i felt the same. Am going to give her a lesson on Murphy on sunday after work let her ride a realy nice horse which hopefully will help to get her enthusiasm back.

Murphy was amazing today and feels absolutely super after his physio. Really pleased with the way my riding all of a sudden seems to have gone up a gear I suppose that is the beauty of constant training. Had a super compliment today in the fact that my instructor didn't say much to me all lesson which is always a good sign with her its hwne she's completely on your case that you have to worry. Everything I asked him he did today although we didn't push him to hard becasue of the physio but he just felt so loose and supple.

Then in the afternoon I schooled the little ex show cob and boy is he really coming on and is now loving his long and low work and boy is he beginning to show me his movement. He finds it very difficult on the left to both stretch and bend but he is getting there and I hear that he has always been stiffer that way. Fingers crossed I can help him along the way and put him in a better position so that he can work better and improve his muscle development-slowly but surely never to press too much.

Right I better go have a quick shower then off to the pub for my shift.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment