Monday 6 April 2009

A little reflection

Day off today nice to have one haven't had a proper day off in well I can't actually remember-scarily long time. Busy though.

I am still sick chest infection to be correct. Ah well anitibiotics keep warm blah blah blah-not a big fan of doctors/hospitals etc could you guess?

Didn't get up till around 10 very lazy for me. Went down the other yard to do the boy on box rest bless him. He was fed etc for me in the morning so all I had to do was muck out and play with him for a bit as a friend was feeding him and rugging tonight. Very kind of her indeed.

Then I had to pop into the bank and then off to see my very special friend whom I haven't seen for about 10 days. Doesn't sound a lot but when you are used to seeing someone day in day out it is indeed a lot. Was really nice we went for a late lunch and had a good old chin wag putting the worlds to rights and lots laughing always good. Then off to mum's pub for a drink and then back to the station. really do so much miss working with her but again it is something that you cannot dwell on too much I was taught that last year when I very much learnt to live each day as if it was your last! Make the most of the time you spend with people you really care about as you never know what can happen to either you or them life has a funny way of doing things. I am a big believer in all things happen for a reason it may not always be clear why they happen and it may not become apparent for an extremely long time why but there is always a reason. If life has taught me one thing it's to always be grateful for the people around you and the things you are able to do and your health. Last year was an awful year for me but I have survived it and would like to think I have come out of it a better, stronger person. However on that I cannot judge its the people around me who could make that particular judgement. I never truely lived life to the full before but now I try my best. Yes we all have off days course we do we are after all only human but life is something to live do not just let it pass you by it's such a waste. Our time here is afterall only short so surround yourself with people you love and care for and always make sure you have time to see them and if you don't, make time it will be worth it. Even if it is only to sit in each others company it is still time well spent.

Tell people how you feel let them know what they mean to you. Yes sometimes people hurt you but without being there you cannot be hurt and yes its hard but I would rather take that chance and stand to make some very special friends and meet some very special people after all what do you stand to lose really??? I would do anything for my friends and family within my capabilities to help them, keep them happy and be there for them no matter the time or where I am or what I am doing-anything.

Life is a very funny thing but the journey (although it may not always seem like it) is one well worth going on. :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment