Tuesday 5 May 2009

a weekend to forget and single life

So not the best May bank holiday I've ever had to be honest!:(

I wasn't well on the friday so didn't work didn't work in the pub and was in bed by 8pm very unusual for me but there we go. By saturday I felt a bit better but not great and had barely any time to be able to get the ponies bathed and the lorry ready to leave for the show in the afternoon. This was due to a couple of people having the saturday off so had to cover the teaching however everything got done and all sorted and off the the show we went.

It has to be said it was not our most successful show but then again there is always lots to be learnt when things don't go quite right. The big ponies who usually go really well and haven't been out of the placings this year were dissapointing but you can't always do well and to be honest you learn more when things don't go your way and we always learn from our mistakes. Spic and Span were out of the placings and we had to retire with The Chippendales due to the back of the cart hitting Magic's hock when he was at full stretch galloping so for safety's sake and the sake of the pony we pulled up and retired. We all had our views about why this happened as it has not happened this year but there we go wherever things go wrong there are always differences of opinion as to why they happened. Still we now have just over 2 weeks before the next one to work on it and make sure it doesn't happen again. The smalls are improving week by week in their new partnerships but still have some way to go before they are established. One particular pony who is new this season was very unsettled at this show so we took it steady and she wasn't very confident in the ring. I'm quite fond of this pony so really hope she comes right and have a lot of faith that she will.

Therefore we had nothing in the Championship so Wendy and Bill went home on the Sunday and took 4 ponies with them. This only left me with 4 so I had a nice realxing day on Monday watched the Championship and then packed up and left nice and early so we got back to the yard in a nice lot of time allowing me to get the ponies all settled and the lorry sorted.

So not the best show. Then went home now we've been having a little difficulty in our relationship but I guess I didn't realise wuite how much and things either seemed to be fantastic or the other end of the spectrum. So it all came to a head last night and I am now officially single which is quite a shock to the system I guess you never really know someone I mean really know them 100%. I honestly had no idea that this was going through his head. We have decided to split but I'm not sure there is future in it I really do think that this is it. I do however hope that in time we can go back to being friends as it seems such a shame to loose a friend that I have always valued and loved before the relationship too having known him for so long it seems very wierd that it may never be the same again. Anyway can't really talk about it at the moment it's all to fresh and very upsetting. The off I went to the pub to work so on went the smily face well it tried to go on but I got through the evening knowing I had a day off today.

So today I have spent mainly in bed feelling rather sorry for myself which of course is not attitude to have. to cheer myself up I went down to the yard and played around with Murphy. I really didn't feel like riding and it wouldnt have been fair on him. Murphy had a bath, his mane pulled and lots of trimming and is now looking very smart especially now his mane is pulled and showing off his developing neck better and his whole topline is really coming on and in general is looking better and better. He really is a sweety and always seems to know when I'm not feeling great and seems to be at his most cuddly at these times and on his best behaviour. It still amazes me how animals sense and read body language so accurately.

Am working in the pub tonight as the bloke who is meant to be working is ill-still more money and it all pays the bills and allows me occassionally to treat myself which at the moment would be really nice.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment