Sunday 1 November 2009

sound horse, lame rider

so smurph is sound and doing really well so pleased that everything seems to be on the up as far as he is concerned. It's been such a hard long struggle to get him sound and to the point where he is ok to begin to slowly come back into work and I look forward every day to being able to ride him. He's beginning to look a bit better-phew.

As for me have to say I'm a complete muppet. Still didn't feel that great friday and just about made it through the day of teaching with a little bit of voice left at the end of it. Thought that I had a nice evening of relaxing in front of the TV and chilling ahead but one of the guys who works behind the bar at Mum's pub had to take his girlfriend to A and E after she had a nasty bump on the head so mum asked me to work as there was noone else. Relucntantly I agreed so went home feeling rather rubbish and got ready to go to the pub. Dad then said that if I covered him whilst he had his dinner he'd do the rest of the night which of course I agreed to. So I had a few drinks after with a couple of friends. Went behind the bar to grab a drink dancing , jumped up and didn't land square on my left ankle which is very dodgy anyway, slipped on a bit of ice which I had dropped grabbed the till to steady me(unfortunately our till is on a hinge) slipped and went flying and completely over on my ankle. We all had a huge amount of laughter at first as one miute I was jumping around behind the bar next I was flat on my back. So we were all laughing including me untill I tried to get up and loads of pain shot up my ankle-not good. Within a matter of moments swelling had taken over and my laughter very quickly turned to tears. Anyway result is crutches and the dodgy ligaments are damaged so will be on crutches for a couple of weeks I should think but plan to get back asap as want to get back riding. There's nothing more frustrating than having lots of horses to ride especially your own that been off work for a very long time and not be able to ride them so I will be back on asap. A couple of friends have kindly agreed to help me out with Smurph to bring him back into work whilst I'm off. At least I can drive (kind of) so can still teach but will lose money by not being able to ride and can still work behind the bar in a fashion( very funny-ever seen a baar maid on crutches!!!???)so money will still come in-big phew.

So now I'm off to sleep little dash man is curled up looking at me . Still at least I will have a slightly easier week which I'm sure my body will be grateful for however would have liked it to have been by choice not enforced but hey ho every cloud has a silver lining.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment