Thursday 29 October 2009

mixed kinda day

Today has been a little on the very mixed side. Had an enforced day off due to illness and appointments.

After feeling ill the last few days I woke up this morning feeling totally rotten so much so that I had to ring a friend to turn out the horses which then meant I didn't have to get up untill 10:30! This would normally have been blissful as would actually have allowed me to chill for a little while but this morning it just meant trying to summon up the energy to actually get out of bed and try to make it down the yard to muck out etc. I did eventually get out of bed and get down to the yard but boy fif it take a lot of effort and found myself having to sit down every 15mins or so to catch my breath! Hmmmm very unlike me and not a good feeling. I still have a high temperature, dizziness, achey and very much lacking in energy which normally I would say is the flu but I had a flu jab about 4 weeks ago so am putting it down to a particulary nasty virus-not nice and am very unimpressed by the illness as like to be a very active person.

The vet came out to see Smurph today and am extremely glad to say that the vet is very pleased with him and he is 100% sound to all test which such a super feeling after wondering if I would ever get to ride him again but a few weeks ago. He has said to increase his walking and aim to gradually bring in some trot work at the end of next week and then gradually increase the trot and then for him to come out and see him in about 4 weeks time. Phew! He also said if I have any problems just to ring him which is very nice that a vet has taken such an interest in his case although as he says it's not a normal case of lameness so has been quite interesting thing for the both of us although I would prefer it not to be on my horse but has been interesting none the less. So go Smurph fingers crossed.

Dash seems pretty much back to normal too which is super news maybe things are going to begin to look up in that area of my life-would be nice after all as just seem to feel like I've had a lot of bad luck with my animals recently.

then this afternoon I had a check-up for something very scary but am very pleased to say that all results came back clear and don't have to go back for 6 months and then after that as long as everything is ok I will just go back every 6 months for a scan and a few tests which to be honest I would rather so if it does happen again it can be caught early and dealt with. It really isn't a nice thing to have to deal with and go through and really would never wish to be that ill again. It makes the way I feel at the moment positively well!! I know I'm being a bit cryptic but the word itself scares me. Silly isn't it how one word can become so scary but there you go one word can completly change your life.

right am going back to bed where I have been most of the day in between appointments and try to feel a little better tomorrow as have a busy busy day.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment