Saturday 7 November 2009

Decisions decisions

Interesting kind of day today went into work as we weren't sure if one of the teachers was coming in or not and luckily for me she did so I only had to one hour then went home. This allowed me to do a lot of thinking and decision making.

I have decided that:
  • the glass is always half full
  • stress is an unnecessary waste of energy(not that i think this will stop me stressing but you never know)
  • it is time for me to try to find a base so i am on the look out for a yard to rent/use in return for looking after someones horses-with a friend
  • i really ought to try to take on as many of the rides that I am offered to try to further my career
  • To get where I want to go will happen it's just going to be a difficult journey to get there
  • this is the year I need to kick myself up the arse and get competing seriously.

So with this in mind I really have spent a lot of the afternoon on the Internet trying to find some yards in the area that may well be worth going to look at and are possible for me the result: not a lot as yet but will keep looking after all if you want something enough you will make it happen. So all the time I would normally be spending riding will be spent looking around for possibilities as obviously can't ride at the moment because of these silly crutches but then the ankle will need to mend properly in order for me to have the career I want to the level I want as really can't have too many old injuries for fear they will come back to haunt me!

I have been offered a superb 9yr old gelding by Rubeinstein who is currently in Holland but is being brought over here for personal reasons and is being bought very cheap due to this. He is actually coming in to be sold if I can find a stable for him however really I would love to buy him as he may possibly be the horse that begins my really serious competing. He is working at their equivalent of advanced medium and knows tempi changes, etc and is learning piaffe and passage. He has just passed a 5 stage vetting and would be a super chance for me. Anyone know of someone that would either lend me the money or possibly buy him for me to ride-cheeky I know but worth a go after all unless you try you never get.

So please keep an ear out for a yard and also if anyone would be interested in sponsoring me and taking a chance of a hugely driven and ambitious young rider please contact me.

x

1 comment:

  1. All the very best with finding the right place - if you think you can, then you can. And you can indeed. xxx

    ReplyDelete