Sunday 22 November 2009

manic week

I have had the most manic week I think I have possibly ever had and the result is a very happy but very tired me but then tiredness is only a state of mind. Have mostly been leaving the house between 630-7 and getting in around 730-8 so very busy indeed however busy is good and certainly no complaining here but am most definately looking forward to my kind of day off tomorrow.

The weather has not been that great this week so I am very impressed that in most part clients have shown up and only a couple have cancelled. It's nice to see that the weather is not getting the better of people and boy have we had some rubbish weather this week and has certainly made riding some of the horses entertaining and of course teaching with some of them has been a little challenging but it certainly shows me what super horses we have.

Smurph has mostly behaved himself this week with the exception of one moment but is doing really well and is up the a fiar amount of trotting now and all the signs are good and very promising-maybe we will be out competing next year fairly early on after all obviously starting with some dresage. he is now consistently working in a long and low frame making sure he really is coming over the back from the hindleg and seems to be building up muscle in all the correct places. He somehow managed to frop a fair amount of weight recently so is really enjoying his lovely big haynet and munching his way through a huge amount of hay and is now looking loads better almost too much better now so can now start to reduce his hay intake a little. hope to start cantering in a couple of weeks as long as everything goes ok. The physio is out on friday which is super timing as has now been in work 5 weeks and will be 6 by the time james sees him on friday so fingers crossed he will also be pleased with him.

Have done a fair amount of riding this week as have been trying to catch up after being on crutches so I'm sure the ankle will be glad of the rest tomorrow with the exception on Smurph I have the day off and working in the puba couple of hours at lunchtime. Am going to see a friend in the morning who has just rung me to say there is a space available at her yard which to be honest as much as I love it where Smurph is I think this may be better for him as there is only 7horses on the yard and he can permenantly have individual turn out which is much better forhim. There is also a walker which for me is a greart thing to have as he can go on it whilst I'm muking out and then be ridden for a shorter time for those days when I am completely manic and beside all that it is cheaper which in this day and age is obvioulsy a big consideration. Tom on the other hand will be staying where he is and i will continue to help look after him and work him as he is also beginning to come back into work. No 100% descisions made yet though and will have a couple of days to have a good old think about it and let the appropriate people know but am going down to speak to the owner in the morning which I'm sure will help to help me with my decision.

Right very important x factor result about to be decided and then of course I'ma celebrity and the sleep.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment