Wednesday 4 November 2009

go smurph go

So Smurph had his first trot today and am so so pleased. Considering he has been off work for so long his trot is still most definately there which is very very pleasing. A friend of mine rode him for me today and do have to say am struggling with these flipping crutches as so want to be riding Smurph but if i get it right and do as im told then the ankle should recover well and I'll be back riding soon. Hopefully his osteo come physio come therapist should be out next week which is perfect timing as he will have been trotting for a week by then so will be good for him to see Smurph. He's going to be seen every few weeks whilst he is coming back into work and then will be seen as normal once every 6 weeks as all mine are as a matter of course.

Had great fun with the uni today as they were doing mounted games which is always a great laugh as they really do enter into the spirit of things which makes things so much more enjoyable as an instructor. We only had one faller which I think may well be partially my fault as as the horse came towards me at great speed I moved as quick as I could away one the crutches as the horse went flying round the corner and the poor rider carried on straight- super fall though if there is such a thing.

Have to say this whole being on crutches thing is driving me mad. I love being able to my horses completely on my own and looking after every aspect of them. it's not that I don't trust people it's just I like things to be done as they are everyday but there we go. I also hate that feeling of helplessness that I have at the moment as seem to be unable to do much around at all. It is however giving me time to spend just sitting with the boys which is nice to be able to do sometimes. They really are super listeners and you can be sure they won't repeat things and really do find it therapeutic to just sit and watch them they really do just seem at peace and very chilled. They are very relaxing just to watch and think and be around.

Time for bed and early night I think ankle is sore so wakes me up when I knock it maybe tonight I'll get more sleep.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment