Sunday 15 November 2009

chilled to the bone.

A fav pic of mine from last year of Steven who I hope will be very happy at his new home!
so a super cold few days! That horrible kin of cold that chills you to the bone so far that only a super hot bath and hiding under the duvet is going to get rid of. Yesterday's weather was unbelievable and probably would look quite amazing if you were able to sit inside with the heating on watching from the comfort of the house. However for me it was not a good day to be at the office so to speak although I was very lucky to have some super clients all of which, amazingly, turned up to their lessons and apart from a couple of children, who were so unbelivably cold due to parents not wrapping them up, noone complained. had great fun despite the weather really do enjoy teaching at this place. It's not a riding school but a livery yard where all the people are either eventers or SJ or training to be able to compete an is so refreshing to be teaching those type of people all morning. it really is super to see those clients who have lessons and then come back and say this is how I did at the weekend or lastweek we had 2 down this week we had a double clear. This is the type of teaching that I really enjoy. I mean I do enjoy the riding school teaching but I think you need a bit of both to help to keep you fresh.


Today I was over at HP and have had a super day despite the cold. I do really enjoy teaching here I mean we all have days where we just want to bury ourselves under the duvet and sleep to catch up on sleep from all those long days which are part of the job that I love so much. Everyone was really in the mood for some super lessons today and I felt that I achieved a lot with each an every client today which is always a nice feeling for an instructor to have. The best part of the days was to watch one of my group lessons jumping a small course. We have been doing lots of work on rythmn, balance and lines recently and was so nice to watch it all come together and to see how much their ridin has improved so well done girls am proud of all of you. At the moment there is a lady shadowing some of the instructors at HP as she wants to improve her teaching to take back to frnace with her when she goes back in 2 weeks. She's english but has decided to go and teach in france so fair play to her. It was interesting to see how she became more cinfident each and every lesson in which she helped and taught a little. Due to how the lessons turned out today she spent most of the day with me and hopefully she both enjoyed it and learned lots.


Right have loads to do tonight lots of searching for yards and people to catch up with and lots of emails to reply to and sort whilst trying to play with dash and of course catch up with some good tv. Certainly know its coming towards Xmas as all the reality shows are airing so off to continue watching I'm a celebrity get me out of here!!!!


Get on Murphy tomorrow as long ankle all ok has been over 2 weeks since I last sat on him and despite other people being very kind and riding him I just can't wait to get back on him myself.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment