Monday 1 June 2009

very tiring weekend and a new puppy

So a very busy weekend at the yard but that is always a good sign. It appears that the recession has not affected the riding school at all which is super news. Whether it is due to the fact that it doesnt seem to have overly effected this area or because people are determined not to sacrifice their leisure time and what they enjoy.

So the weekend was very busy mainly due to lots of lessons and a couple of people being off. I spent alot of my time teaching but in the most part it was very enjoyable and made a couple of major break throughs with some clients. I love it when that happens sometimes you can be working on something for a few lessons and then all of a sudden it just clicks and all makes sense to the rider and the effect it has on the horse is super and they then know what they aretrying to achieve which then makes repeating it easier. One particular lady who I used to teach when i was there originally and we were really working on her seat and the effect that she can have on the horse by using it in different ways and by the end the horse was responding so much better and in a more correct manner. She then felt this and really got it by the end of the lesson and when she rode again in the afternoon was able to repeat it fairly successfully.

Sunday I spent a lot of time teaching but were mainly good fun lesson. I took the advanced teenage group XC and they all really seemed to enjoy it. We talked about the different ways of riding the different fences and the jumped them individually then finished off with the course and I am glad to say they all stayed on despite a few hairy moments. I also took one of them for a private earlier in the day on one of the yard 'cobs'!!!! I have to say by the end the little horse was working well through his back and correctly and was going as nice as he can at the moment looking at muscle development, fitness etc so that was also pleasing. So it really was a good weekend of teaching and the sunshine really does help. It seems to make everybody a bit more easy going and feeling good in themselves which then transfers to their riding.

I picked up my new puppy on sat evening a little jack russell from my friend. He is 7 weeks old and seems to have settled in really well and apart from a little bit of crying he has been really super. he is currently fast asleep after a very busy weekend also. Everyone likes him and thinks he is completely adorable which means lots of cuddles and lots of playing which makes for one very tired little puppy which is excellent news for me as it means he sleeps really well at night.

Right off to have a shower then off to work in the pub. have my lst lesson with my friend tomorrow before she goes back to germany so looking forward to that. then on wednesday we have a lesson with adam mills so should be a good week.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment