Thursday 25 June 2009

mixed things..

so the vet came out last friday and we are thinking it is either a pulled or torn ligament or muscle in his shoulder.....yuk!!! so he had a weeks box rest and bute twice a day finishing on wednesday so that when the vet came back out today it would be out of his system. I was away with the scurry ponies so he probably would have had the week off anyway. The vet came back out today and my poor little Murphy is still lame :( The vet said about doing nerve blocks etc but if we are thinking along the lines of muscles I suggested another week of box rest and bute then re look at him next week when he is down the yard which he seemed wuite happy with. If he is no better at all then we will investigate further. he improves as he's trotted up etc so has us all a little confused so if anyone has any ideas feedback would be very much appreciated.

Little dash man went of to a friends whilst I was away as only had his second jab on the thursday so wasn't allowed out for another week. She brought him back to me today as he seemed very glad to see me and came rushing over which is very nice indeed. He has had a fantastic time playing with her spaniel of which she took some pics which will be posted up soon. He went for a long walk tonight and is now flat out on his bed fast asleep bless him.

So the shows were a huge amount of fun with lots of random things happenning. We did ok a few placings and a couple of champioships so not our best shows but still pleasing. I think the most pleasing thing for me is that my favourite little pony that hasn't been out competing this year due to some soundness issues( he is 24!!!!) and has had mainitis in thepast who we thought was going to have to be put down after the summer is sound and driving at home really well and is completly full of it prancing around the school and down the road like he is 2!!! This is a huge boost as without question he is our best pony and part of our most successful pair so fingers crossed it looks like he will be going to Great Yorkshire in a few weeks!

Have an awful lot on my mind still and frustratingly enough my emotions are a bit like a yo-yo up and down. Not teh best feeling in the world but have to get on with it. After being ill last year it is coming up to the time that I will have to go back and be checked out and reassesed so am getting a little nervous and stressed so 3 weeks tomorrow I will know. Scary scary scary!

right off to sleep now stress really isn't worth the effort so I try to hide it behind a protective barrier which in some ways protects me but in others doese me no good what so ever ad tiredness does not help so sleep is much needed.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment