Sunday 28 June 2009

dizzy, time for sleep and hickstead

didn't get back to finish writing yesterday. Tried to make myself feel better by getting some fresh air and taking the puppy out for a while which unfortunately did not work. So feeling very ill I went off to bed. The puppy decided that he was going to wake me around 530 disrupting my sleep which i really could have done without. Anyway off i went to work this morning my friend picked me up as due to my car not wanting to play ball and my dash board isn't working which means no speedometer, no rev counter, no petrol gauge and no temp gauge!!! not good still at least my sisters other half is a mechanic so he's going to have a look at it later or tomorrow.

made it till around 10 today then ended up going back home as really wasnt a good plan for me to be working today. I had to rearrange my lessons for the day for other people to teach them and then mum was going to pick me up but couldnt due to work at the pub so a very kind client took me and dash home where I have been ever since. Have spent most of the afternoon in bed asleep tried to watch the hickstead derby but kept dozing. However what a round and win for William Funnel absolutely foot perfect. there were some rounds today that looked very untidy and haphazard which in my view I would not expect to see at such a level. Now I know that everybody makes mistakes not doubt about it but. however the ending was a very fitting memory to Douglas Bunn who sadly died 12 days ago who set up the Hickstead complex etc and has done a huge amount for british SJ providing us with one of the best venues in the world. Now I know how huge and daunting that ring is after competing there with the scurry ponies in years gone by. It is much bigger than what it appears on the telly and the bank is massive and a dream of riding down it one day got bigger each time we went in that ring. Unfortunately for some people today the atmosphere just seemed to much and the fences a little too big for their horses and for some luck just wasnt with them today. William Whitiker put in a super round and british SJ has a lot to look forward to there and in other young riders which we seem to be producing now. It wasnt a great day at the office for Ben Maher but I am a big fan of his and the way he rides and how he can ride such different horses and get a super tune out of them in a very calm balanced manner with such a massive amount of feel. On a slightly less positive note Micheal Whitiker has been found guilty of one of his horses failing a dope test but it appears that it is due to a mix up by his groom giving a gelding a feedbowl that had previously been used for regumate which is legal when given to mares but not to geldings/stallions so fingers crossed that at his hearing this will be taken into considerationas we really could do with not losing him for a minimum of 2 years.

So after sleeping all afernoon am I feeling better I would love to say yes but I cannot back of to sleep I think hopefully I can sleep whatever this is off and would rather not keep falling over. On a positive note Murphy seemed sound today yes he's on bute but we are decreasing it and he was lame on thursday and friday with the bute so fingers crossed he is on the way back would be really nice to get back on him as riding other people's as nice as they are is just not quite the same when you have a super horse of your own stood in a stable.

Right off to sleep
x

No comments:

Post a Comment