Thursday 18 June 2009

no vet and a strange sort of day

No vet!!!!!

The vet was due out today to the yard but due to his illness he did not come! How annoying?? Although we are all ill sometimes just a little annoying from my point of view. There was of course the option of having another vet from the practice but as the yard is going to wait untill tomorrow it would mean me paying the whole call out fee of £55 on top of whatever the vet did so I decided that 24hrs wasn't going to make a whole lot of difference so have decided to wait untill tomorrow when I will have my own vet plus not pay for a call out. Much better option in my opinion as much as it would have been nice to find out today. So he has his leg like iced again and noth front legs bandaged plus his magnetic stable boots on behind what a sight he is!! After the like ice etc last night he seemed slightly less swollen and a little less heat however within an hour it was back to how it was and he is still very lame so doesn't look like we'll be going to little mattingly! Still no serious descision till after the vet tomorrow.

Had a lesson on the ex show cob this morning. He was a little frustrating if I'm honest and didn't really work overly well. No matter what I tried this morning he just wasn't going to come completly over his back. Now there could be many contributing factors to this. He was ridden by someone last night who never really does him any favours, he was a little stiff and I'm still sufferring after my little escapade XC yesterday. Hoping I feel better tomorrow as not really quite sure how I got through a whole day plus teaching late. di have a couple of hours off between 5 and 7 this evening as this is yard policy plus I had to take little dash to the vets for his second jab so now he thinks he's a big boy although is a little quiet tonight bless him! However the little horse did improve and apparently was good in the lessons this afternoon which makes me feel a little better.

This afternoon I schooled my little project another little coloured cob but this one came from a trecking centre a couple of years ago and is owned by a lovely teenager who does her best but my challenge is to take this little ordinary cob and see what I can do with him. So at the moment all I'm trying to do is help him a little with his suppleness as he is very very stiff and therefore likes to run when he finds things difficult. He is a joy to work with and has a super attitude to life he always gives it a go and never really says no just hey I'm finding this difficult. He is coming on quite nicely and today we really succeded with bend on both reins and some very nice long and low work. He really is a horse that benifits from being ridden through the seat but with quite a strong contact as this seems to make him feel more secure. You have to be a little careful how you communicate with him as he can get worried very easily so everything is slowly but surely.

So a bit of a mix match day as then had this private lesson with a young girl who really doesn't want to learn to ride and is only doing so due to pressure from the parents. A s an instructor this is probably the most difficult type of lesson to teach but we did have some fun and she seemed to enjoy it towards the end.

Right so fingers crossed for the vet tomorrow. Whatever it is it's better to know and deal with it then to ignore the situation and just hope it goes away.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment