Wednesday 17 June 2009

lameness??????


So Murphy was going really well and just knew that it had to be too good to be true. He came in lame o my lesson on Tuesday but then after a bit of walk was sound. He was turned out before I could ask them not to and with no boots again. Anyway yesterday evening he was most definately lame again so asked the farrier to come out today to see him. Again this morning most definately lame so he stayed in all day and seemed quite happy which is a probably a good thing as my gut feeling is he could be spending a bit of time in his stable. His fetlock joint is fairly swollen but again not much heat at all which seems a bit weird along with his being sound then lame then sound then lame thing. The farrier came out this afternoon and he trotted up probably around 2-3/10 lame so fairly lame in my books unfortunately. Now as bad as this sounds I was kind of hoping for pus in the foot as at least that is usually just a few days nd very easy to treat. however the farrier could not fins anything at all and there was certainly no reaction to the hoof testers etc :( So tomorrow the vet is comming out and I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it is nothing serious but my gut feeling is there is something going on with the annular ligament hmm lets hope that I'm wrong!! Silly pony being silly in the field. Complete shame as entries for little Mattingly open soon and would really love to go there this year with him so would be really nice if it was something really simple and quick to fix. Still worrying about it isn't going to help really so we shall just have to wait and see what the vet says in the morning. Taught late tonight as my boss had taken a few days off so I said I would cover her which on review amy have been a bit silly as I worked at the pub last night, I'm teaching late tomorrow and then working in the pub friday then off to a show on saturday for a few days!!! Phew am going to be in most definate need of a lie in soon.


Time for bed I think not sure the puppy agrees though!


x

No comments:

Post a Comment