Tuesday 31 March 2009

first day- excellent

Today was my first day at the new job and very enjoyable it was will come back to that in a minute first to yesterday.

Monday was dramatic to say the very least, wasn't the most promising start but adventures we had and not the kind you really want.

I had a very rare lie in only to be woken up by the phone going with someone from the yard trying to ring me which always make me worry. however not being really very awake I didn't take in what she was saying so obviously something not very important or no doubt I would have immeadiately been awake. So I then had to ring her back to as if she did indeed say to me that she had by accident turned Murphy out in his stable rug?!?!?!?! and did I want her to change it which I did. So I got up thinking well I'm awake now might as well. :( I went down to pick up somethings from an old yard I used to be at and had a phone call from a friend at the new job asking where I was and could I come down to give her a second opinion on a pony that had come in from the field with a kick to the head!!! Off i went aind to be honest the inury didnt look as bad as I thought it would but had a good look and decided a vet was the best plan of action and thank goodness I did as it turns out the pony has a fracture to the skull!!!! However she is goign to be completely fine apart from a bit of concussion and needing lots of rest.

Then I go down to the yard where my boys are and my vet is running 1 1/2 hrs late so I had to cancel my lesson which I was very much looking forward to after the last one I had. Then the really old horse at the yard had laid down and couldn't get up and the owner was away for the day. not nice as it had worn itself out trying to get up but in the end we got it up and although it was very stiff it seems to be ok-phew!!!! Then another horse which had been tied up by its owner got its leg caught wuite badly and it pulled it out and a huge lump appeared on its leg just below the knee-tendon region so another vet had to be called!!!! He is also fine apart from some major bruising!

Finally I managed to hack murphy down to his new home where I rode him in the school and he was not on his bes behaviour bit of a spoilt brat act to be honest but then he settled in fine for the night and I went back to finish the other boy off who is staying where he is just around the corner for a while.


Right so back to today. Had great fun today it was nice to be back working with the old lot some of which are still there from when I was there originally so all the usual laughing and joking occured. It's nice to have an atmosphere at work where in the most part people get on the work gets done but there is still a lot of fun to be had. So i mucked out the little scurry ponies who all have the biggest character you could imagine. Then I did my boy and then a break-hard life isn't it?! Then followed the health and safety talk which has to be done even though I've been teaching there freelance a bit but hey rules are rules. Then I had a super little client to teach who is there all week doing an own a pony week. Although she is not the best rider in the world she was a pleasure to teach as she put all the effort in she possibly could and that makes my job so much easier. Then I had a super super lesson on Murphy he was amazing today whatever I asked of him he obliged. Have to say not what I expected after being such a monkey yesterday but then horses to have a way of surprising you everyday he'll probably be really naughty tomorrow-no thats just not him. Then the afternoon was very easy few lessons here and there and a small amount of yard work so all in all a very nice easy day for my first one back bet the hard work starts tomorrow.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment