Thursday 26 March 2009

lots of riding and a decision

So had a day full of riding today. 6 in all crazy so now am a little achey and very tired so just a quick one tonight.
Rode a little chesnut mare at the riding school today in a jump lesson. I've known this mare for many years as she was a friend of mine's horse which she had to sell so I brought her to the riding school and now after many years of riding her I rode her for what is probably the last time today so thank goodness she was good.
Then I rode a couple of clients horses one older and a younster both went really well and am pleased with their progress.

Then I rode the little event horse. Went out for a hack with another lady from the yard and how well behaved he was. We even managed to find a super long canter path excellent just what he needed. Now here is the decision. He must be sold and to be honest I would love to buy him so I must raise £5k asap if I want him or I must sell him for her:( So therefore I am on a mission to find the money. Any ideas?????
With any luck the stunning dressage horse on my pic will sell and i can put the comission from him toward the event horse. Hmmmm fingers crossed. Or a loan maybe???

Then I rode a friends horse to see if it hacks out on its own safely and I think I can honestly say no it is not. Ah well never mind he's perfect for her in every other respect so I think we can forgive him this. But was quite an adventure how many ways can a horse leap around??? always amazes me but then I've always been one for a challenge.

Then the last one of the day was a really super 4 yr old at the livery yard where mine are. He really is super and going to go far in the right hands as he is also for sale. I have been asked to jump him for some sale pics as the girl who's mum owns him has broken her ankle so cant ride. His biggest issue is he currently thinks that the rider should hold his head up and why on earth should he do it for you. Ah well he is young but does learn very quick and is improving well she has done an excellent job on him.

well not such a short post then. Not feeling my normal self tonight this whole change thing always maske me bit stressed only because i'm leaving the freelance world, which i love, to go back to something i left. Well we shall see as much as i am looking forward to the new challenges leaving the old is upsetting 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment