Monday 11 May 2009

very busy weekend


A manic weekend! Had a BHS stage2 exam at the yard on friday so had to be at work by 630 so early start indeed. Went to see my puppy on thursday night and ended up being back later than I wanted too but he is so cute and can't wait to be abke to bring him home. Anyway had time to ride Murphy during the day and he went well not as good as during the week but well considering. I have now upped his feed a little to help him as the workload has now also increased. He is in general working more correctly through his back in a slighty more uphill way of going. He was then used in the lunging as a last minute change so he needed the work so off he went. Apparently he behaved impeccably and so i was like a really proud mum bless him. at least I know that he can be used in the lunging if he is needed. Left the yard at 6 and was in the pub by 7 working. the exam went smoothly as all the staff mucked in together and worked really well together which is really nice. The pub was actually fairly busy and there were loads of people that i hadn't seen before so hopefully its on the up.


Saturday I wasn't too busy with teachingso I had time to start trimming the scurry ponies so they are slowly beginning to look a little smarter.. I rode Murphy at lunch and he was a lot better than the friday so was really pleased and did a fair amount of work on his transitions to canter which is where is he weak as he tends to avoid staying through his back but is getting a lot better. We've had a few issues with the right canter as I have now concentrated a little too much on his left canter as this was originally weaker so entirely my fault but the right canter has come better over the weekend. As I have had to ride him during my lunch this weekend we have had short sessions but they've been quite intensive.


Today my friend came down from london and read my dressage tests for me as was practisng fo wednesday. He was a little tired and stiff today after the weekend so didn't perform at his best so we only had a short session went through both tests and then went and stood him in the ford. Tomoroow I will go through the tests again to iron out a few things and hopefully the test will link a little easier today. He will then go for a short relaxing hack ready for wednesday.


Right am working at the pub tonight so better get something to eat.


x



No comments:

Post a Comment