Monday 18 May 2009

busy times

A day off to chill that was very much needed.

We had a very busy weekend at the yard a in house dressage competition on saturday which i had to judge and then 2 members of staff down on Sunday made for a busy and tiring weekend. I finished work at 530 yesterday then had to start in the pub at 6!!!!! crazy really! So by the time I finished yeterday evening i was ready for a nice lay in today.

Murphy was good on the flat on friday and the left canter was excellent really engaged etc but he finds the right canter more difficult and his new trick is to try and throw his left shoulder out becommnig crooked and therefore maming it easier for himself so we worked quite hard on it. We used shoulder-in into the canter to help and that really seemed to work as helped to keep him straight and connected in the transition which then helped in the actual canter work. So this is really something that I now need to work on.

We then jumped on saturday and he was rather lively and enjoyed his jumping somewhat. A few leaps and bucks etc but nothing nasty just that he was 110% enjoying himself. On a positive note his jumping is superb at the moment and I seem to be able to place him wherever I want and am able to play with his canter as much as I want. He then went for a hack on sunday and seemed nice and chilled after.

We worked on the canter today and was much improved so fingers crossed he will be good in the lesson tomorrow. I am off on the road from wednesday till monday night at a few scurrying shows then home for tuesday and then off again to bath and west so a very busy couple of weeks ahead of me. I'll be busy tomorrow getting everything ready it's quite an organisation to get 6 ponies ready plus all hay feed bedding etc so busy busy day.

I'm off out for the evening just what I need to chill and find myself a little. Not really feeling myself at the moment like a little lost if that makes sense at all. Nothing major just few things on my mind a few things I need to put to rest and a few things I need not worry about atm. Had my back sorted today so feeling a little achey but will prob feel super in my body tomorrow.

x

1 comment:

  1. Check out my post from 21st May - and have fun, you've been tagged! ;)

    ReplyDelete