Thursday 7 May 2009

motivation and focus is the key

All things considered a good two days. My friend who is back from germany sat on Murphy for a while yesterday during our lesson and pushed his boundaries a little. He really does have an opinion on life well on everything actually. She rode him superbly and when I got back on boy what a difference he was so much more through lighter and much better behind lookes like I've just got to be a little stricter on both myself and him. So when I rode him today I had a proper plan in place after the warm up and a much more determined head on (bit difficult atm my mind seems to be everywhere but with my horse). Then off we went for a hack. Took one of our clients out for a super hack with lots of lovely canters as the ground was very good in places. He felt much stronger today in general and it still amazes me that when I concentrate how much his attitude changes and we really get lots of work done. The physio was at the yard today and saw him trot up quickly and said he's looking a lot stronger behind and is coming on well. So fingers crossed for wednesday. It's only unaffiliated but it'll be nice to take him out for the first time under my name. See there is always something positive to look at or forward to-the glass is always half full.

Ok so it's a bit of a shock being single but its the way it is so no point in really dwelling on it. Yes I have bad moments but then it's only be 2 days so its to be expected but throwing yourself into your work really does help but yes I am facing it I'm not putting it in a box and locking it. The way I look at it is I can really concentrate on my riding and Murphy now afterall if I really want to be successful in this very competitve world in which I want to break into then commitment is always useful. Now I have always been committed and I have always been motivated but sometime we just loose sight of things for a while but now it's time to kick myself up the backside and get on with it.

So here's to a successful season........

Off to see the puppy tonight looking forward to that and went to see my old black horse after work today as I finished at lunch which was really nice. He looks really well and really is a happy boy nice to see isn't it...?




No comments:

Post a Comment