Tuesday 14 July 2009

........

Have to say with all things considered I am quite glad that we didn't go to yorkshire my heart just isn't in it this week but hopefully it will be by the time New Forest show comes around. There really is just too much on my mind at the moment which meant that it probably wouldnt have been very successful just a lot of stress.

Kept nice and busy today which helped to keep my mind focused which always helps in times when the mind likes to run away with itself. Had a super lesson on Darcy this morning which is the bog standard cob which I've been asked to school and help him. We decided that now his flatwork is improving it was time to have another look at his jumping. It really has changed we've gone from knocking over a small cross pole because we just couldn't be bothered to pick our feet up and to be fair wasn't balanced enough or had a good enough canter but boy has that changed. Today we went down a grid which consisted of a bounce, one stride, one stride, one stride then a bounce to finish at about 2ft6 not high I know but he left it all up and even managed to make some kind of shape. Go Darcy his mum gets back off of holiday next week so will be good to see if she notices any difference. Then this afternoon has to be my favourite ride of the day Guiness a little 15.1hh black gelding whos schooling is coming on in leaps and bounds. We have been really working on getting him to relax as when you ask him to come up a little he get tense and tends to set himself. Today we had a great breakthrough. I tried warming him up in canter in a light seat with him over the back in a long and low frame. The i went on to pick him up in walk, trot and canter and today in most parts he was really through the back and rlaxed and true in his trapezius meaning there wasn't the normal block we get with him so over the moon will be interesting to see how he comes out tomorrow.

Am going to see a really good friend of mine tomorrow who I haven't seen for a few weeks now as things just haven't worked out but will be good to see her as she always is great at listening and just letting me ramble then helps me to put things in perspective which i am always greatful for. Hopefully I do the same for her as well. Anyway looking forward to it a great deal. We really must try and see each other more often.

Looks like I have a very busy morning tomorrow which is usual on my half day. Then after I finish am off to see a friend of mines horse which I have heard good and bad things about it so will be useful if I can give her another view point. I really am enjoying having such a variety of horses to ride but really wish Murphy was one of them.

Some things that happen in our lives really do shape things and change the way we look at things and how we think and do maybe for the better maybe for the worse who knows but aslong as each time something happens you pick yourself up again and look at things and then get going it's usually ok.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment